My goals for June!

I've decided that as part of my blogging schedule, I'll be writing a post at the beginning of each month about the goals I want to accomplish by the end of it. I'm hoping this will make me more motivated!

So, here are my goals:

Taken from here
1. Finish reading Game of Thrones - I've been reading it since January, and I really don't like taking to long to read one book, especially when there are so many unread ones waiting on my bookshelf!

2. Finish decorating my bedroom - it's very nearly done, we just need to finish wallpapering and put the furniture back, and then the hard part: putting my new bed up! It shouldn't take too long to get this done, since we're doing the wallpapering tomorrow and the bed's coming on Wednesday.
Taken from here

3. Practise on my keyboard - I haven't played it in months, so I'm determined to practise a lot from now on! My main problem is there are so many songs that I want to learn to play, I just need to pick one and concentrate on it! I don't think I'll learn a song in the next month, but I can at least get started.

4. Write more short stories - and maybe post them on here, depending on how they turn out!

5. Eat more healthily - at the minute I'm getting home from work and just putting fish fingers and chips in the oven because it's quick and easy, but it's not a very healthy meal! I also need to eat more fruit and veg, it just means I have to stop being so lazy!
Taken from here
I know I'm going to think of something else as soon as I post this, but I'm going to leave it at that! I'll let you know how I get on with all of my goals. :)

Comments

  1. Good goals, and a good idea about posting them here. Hopefully this will help you stick to it. I know it's difficult for me when I don't have something that someone can use to hold me accountable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought, I'm more likely to try to get them done now! More motivation :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your goals! I tried really hard to read Game of Thrones but I just couldn't get on with it at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really like the TV series, but I think I should have read the book first, I'm just not that into it because I already know what happens! :)

      Delete
  3. Yeah go wild on the health food!!! ))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll do really well for a couple of days, then I'll give up! But I'll try my hardest :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like great goals! And you're right, saying them here will make you more motivated. I noticed I tend to do more when I make to-do lists :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always more motivated to stick to things if I write them down, I just need to keep writing them down! :)

      Delete
  5. I think it's a great idea to post monthly or weekly goals. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's is nothing like peer pressure to help us meet our goals. I can't wait to read some of your short stories.

    I'm cheering for you: Rah! Rah! Go Laura!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I figured I'd be more likely to get more done if I made my list public! :)

      Delete
  7. Those are some great goals! Good luck with them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent goals. I am adopting the new piano choices myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's going to be the hardest one, I think!

      Delete
  9. I'm writing to let you know that I'm giving you a Booker Award. Come to my blog to pick it up.

    lgkeltner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been wanting to read Game of Thrones for a while. DO you want to read the book together? If so how far are you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm nearly at the end! About 3 quarters of the way through it, so nearly finished it which is good because I've been reading it since January! :)

      Delete
  11. Best of luck in completing all of these challenges in June Laura, that keyboard one is definitely a worthwhile pursuit as is finishing the apparently awesome Game of Thrones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been trying to learn to play the keyboard since December, but I've been really lazy lately! And I'm nearly at the end of Game of Thrones, finally! :)

      Delete
  12. Sounds like a good list of goals, good luck!

    Man, if I tried to eat healthy I would probably fall into a coma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Yeah, the healthy eating's not going so well so far, I've been stuffing myself with junk food!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!