Baking and Soundtrack of my life!

This week I've been doing a lot of baking, so I thought I'd put up some pictures of what I've made. First my mum and I made a chocolate cake for my dad for father's day:
He let me have a slice before he took it home, and it was gorgeous! I was going to spell out 'Happy Father's Day' with the stars, but I got as far as 'Happy Fat-' before I realised that you couldn't actually tell they were letters, so I just dumped the whole lot on the top!
My Uncle, who lives in Bridlington, has come down to visit us for the week, so we did some baking together yesterday. First we made some blueberry muffins, since we had some blueberries in the fridge:
I've never made muffins before, and these were lovely! I love blueberries and I love cake, so these were definitely perfect for me!
We made some lemon drizzle cake after that, which I have also never made before:
These turned out lovely as well, and the lemon glaze that my uncle made for the top was so yummy! So we have lots of nice things to eat now :) I love baking, but I don't really bake unless I have someone (usually my sister) helping me out. I think I'll try to bake more on my own though, because it's worth it when you get the finished product! :)
I was reading blogs the other day and I read this post by Kate, and it seemed like a fun thing to do so I thought I'd do it on my blog. I also thought it would give you all an idea of the kind of music I listen to! :)
Here's what you have to do:

Put your MP3 player (or Media Player) on Shuffle. Then, as the songs play write in the song and artist that corresponds with the following list. Finally, post your list in the comments for us to see. Most of all have fun with it! Oh, and no cheating. :) 
I used a playlist on my ipod that has a mixture of everything I listen to in it. 

Opening Credits: Conspiracy - Paramore

Waking Up: Going Under - Evanescence

First Day of School: Lose Control - Evanescence

Falling in Love: The Only Exception - Paramore (Aww a love song, how apt!)

Fight Song: Vermillion Part 2 - Slipknot (Of all the Slipknot songs it had to pick, it chooses the one least like a fight song!)

Prom: Pressure - Paramore

Life: Too Much To Ask - Avril Lavigne (Life does ask for too much, sometimes!)

Mental Breakdown: Your Betrayal - Bullet for my Valentine

Driving: Mosquito - SR-71

Flashback: Imaginary - Evanescence

Getting Back Together: Holding On - Pillar

Wedding: Chasing Shadows at Midnight - Pillar

Birth of Child: I Don't Care - Adam Gontier/Apocalyptica (Oh dear! I'm fairly certain I would care!)

Final Battle: Psychosocial - Slipknot (Much better!)

Death Scene: Alone - Bullet for my Valentine (Oh no, I don't want to be alone when I die!)

End Credits: Numb - Linkin Park (This seems quite fitting!)

Haha some of those are quite funny! My shuffle seemed to like Evanescence and Paramore a lot! Hope you enjoyed today's random post! :)

Comments

  1. Ooo, I have 8 of those songs on my iPod. The 'Birth of Child' answer is hilarious.

    And, that cake looks ridiculously good. I'm regretting reading this post on an empty stomach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed so much when that came up!
      It was really good cake, I was very proud of myself! I love cake :P

      Delete
  2. You can not have too much cake

    MP3 or media player on shuffle sounds complex I am not sure I can do that with a turntable and my records. I listen to a lot of Tom Waits though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, you can never have too much cake!
      Maybe you could spin around and point?

      Delete
  3. I remember doing that music thing years ago and laughing at the answers I got. I might have to do an updated version and credit ya!

    And that chocolate cake looks delicious, where's my slice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, my dad took it away and now I can't have any more either!
      I think I've done it before too, but I thought it would make an interesting blog post :)

      Delete
  4. That looks like a delicious cake! And those muffins, yum. :) I like the playlist idea - Evanescence is one of my favorites, so good choice for your shuffle. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evanescence is one of my favourites as well, it cropped up a lot!
      The cake was lovely, I only got one slice though! And the muffins are getting eaten far too fast, there won't be any left soon! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh yum! Nothing like a good baking day to make the blues go away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good looking carb items. Some times Carbs are what is needed. Happy dessert eating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love carbs and cakes and generally anything that isn't good for me! Yum yum :)

      Delete
  7. All of this looks sooo yummy!! I love baking as well I recently made gingerbread cupcakes with a coconut cream cheese frosting they were delicious! Thanks for sharing! :) By the way I'm a new follower. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh those sound delicious! Thanks for following :)

      Delete
  8. That's looks like... YUMMY!
    And I thought, your father is lucky man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is, I think he appreciated it! It was all very yummy :)

      Delete
  9. I'm so hungry for sweets right now! Everything looks so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was all lovely! We've run out now though :( I'll have to make some more!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!