The Hunger Games!

Ok, here's my post of favourites from The Hunger Games, but you'll have to bear with me because I haven't read them in so long, so the details are a little hazy! I really need to re-read them!
Taken from here
Favourite Book: The Hunger Games, because this is where it all started and I loved being introduced to all of the characters and storylines. I also loved the actual games in this book, and the love story between Peeta and Katniss. And I loved the twist at the end! I do love Catching Fire nearly as much :)

Favourite Main Character: Katniss, because she's such an interesting character! She's so brave, and I love how she volunteered for the games in the place of her sister.
Taken from here
Favourite Secondary Character: I love Cinna, because he's so honest and he makes awesome outfits for Katniss! I also love the tributes that Katniss and Peeta allied with in Catching Fire, some interesting personalities there!

Favourite Villain: President Snow, with all his bloody roses! He was an interesting villain throughout the series. I also liked the career tributes in the first novel.

Favourite Arena: I loved the Quarter Quell arena in Catching Fire, it was so interesting the way the arena was programmed like a giant clock, with different things happening (like clockwork) in different places every hour.
Taken from here

Favourite Capitol Fashion: Ok, I had to put this in just so I could put up a picture of Seneca Crane's beard in the movies. I tried to get my boyfriend to cut his beard like that, but he won't! If I was a guy, I would have that beard.
Taken from here
Peeta or Gale: I'm going to have to go for Peeta I think, probably because we see more of him in the novels. I also think he's a better match for Katniss anyway, which is the reason she chooses him in the end. I also love that he'll do almost anything to protect her. I didn't like it when he was brainwashed in Mockingjay, though!
Taken from here
Least Favourite Book: Mockingjay. It was just so depressing! I hated that Prim died, and I really disliked President Coin. I didn't really like the ending, but that's mostly because I like happy endings!

Least Favourite Main Character: I don't have a least favourite main character, I love them all :)

Least Favourite Secondary Character: Effie Trinket, because she's just really annoying!

Least Favourite Villain: President Coin, with her hidden agendas.

Comments

  1. I'm embarrassed to admit that I need to re-read these books as well as the details are hazy too!

    I hated that Prim died and that was what made her decision to choose Peeta over Gale. I thought Peeta deserved better than that. Though I hated that they brainwashed him as his utter devotion to Katniss was what I loved about the story :)

    The fashion of the capitol always seemed so ridiculous and far-fetched to me so I was worried about how they would come across on the big screen but I think it was okay.

    I couldn't help but feel that the second book was simply filler until they got back into the arena!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I hated the brainwashing, it was horrible to see him acting like Katniss was his enemy!
      I was really worried about how the Capitol would come across in the movie, but I think they did a really good job of it.
      I know what you mean, but their time in the arena makes up for it! :)

      Delete
  2. Effie Trinket was most definitely annoying but she was played very well by Elizabeth Banks! I hadn't expected this of Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, she did a much better job than I thought she would! :)

      Delete
  3. I think Effie Trinket is really annoying as well! and I have to agree with you I'd definitely choose Peeta over Gale. Peeta is more protective of her and he just looks better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just think they have a better relationship, and they kind of belong together, although that sounds really cheesy! :)

      Delete
  4. I have GOT to see this movie. I like happy endings too, yet I like to write sad endings. They seem to have a more memorable effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very good movie :) Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love sad scenes in books, I just like the endings to be happy :) A book wouldn't be good in my eyes if there wasn't at least one sad scene!

      Delete
  5. I so loved reading this series and have got several friends hooked on it aswell! For me it has to be Peeta as well, he was so devoted to Katniss how can you not love that.

    Fave book was the original Hunger Games, maybe because everything was new to me.

    Prim being killed knocked me sideways - really didn't expect that - so sad.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I couldn't believe it when Prim died, worst moment in the series!

      Delete
  6. Seneca Crane's beard is ridiculously epic. I would totally trim my beard like that, but I have blond hair and wouldn't be able to pull it off.

    I'd definitely agree that Mockingjay was super depressing. I was nervous that Peeta wasn't going to come back to reality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same! It was horrible seeing him treating Katniss like that, when he was so good to her in the previous two books!
      I love the beard, they really did a great job with it. Although I'm not sure if it would have the same effect without those piercing blue eyes!

      Delete
  7. AH so it has nothing to do with making faces on your plate with your dinner........

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely love Peeta, he's so sweet and cute. I think the 3rd one is my least favorite too. It's a little too political for me, but oh well. Cinna is pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Cinna, too! Such a fabulous character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really is, he's not afraid to rebel and show his opinion :)

      Delete
  10. I love Peeta and Katniss. Katniss is so strong, beautiful inside and out, and big heart. The things I would do to be her for a day:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't know about being her for a day, she has a pretty complicated life! I know what you mean though :)

      Delete
  11. Okay, if THE HUNGER GAMES was in graphic novel format like that first picture, I'd probably bump it up on my To Be Read list. Or that second image; the one of Katniss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty awesome images! I like using ones like that in my posts, rather than from the movie :)

      Delete
  12. I've only read Hunger Games. Awesome story. I need to read Catching Fire next. I haven't seen the movie yet but need to before it leaves the theatres.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need to read the rest of the trilogy, and see the movie, which is awesome :)

      Delete
  13. I read the whole trilogy. I kept hoping it would redeem itself. In my eyes, it didn't. I saw the movie and the same. I still don't like it. BUT what do I know,look at the $$$$.

    I left an AWARD for you over on my blog. It's an effort to get to know my newest 15 followers better.Stop by and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :)
      Each to their own, I can understand why some people wouldn't like it :)

      Delete
  14. I'm leaving you with an award too. You're being double rewarded, but that just means you're doubly awesome!

    http://warpednerdiversity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!