Favourite Ever Book!

So, this is my first themed 'reading' post, and I thought it would be a good idea to focus on my all time favourite book series: Harry Potter.
Taken from here
I first read the series when I was quite young, and I've re-read each book about 10 times! I already loved reading before I discovered Harry Potter, but it definitely encouraged me to read even more. I don't like the movies as much as the books, but they're still ok for my Harry Potter fix!

Here are some of my favourites:
Favourite book: Deathly Hallows, because I love the rollercoaster ride that it is! It's certainly the most emotional book of the series for me, and I love the scene where Harry is walking into the forest to face his death. I also think it has some of the most dramatic scenes, and I love the fact that Snape is a good guy in the end!
Taken from here

Favourite trio character: It's got to be Harry! I love the fact that he's not the perfect hero - he has a really bad temper! But he's such a selfless character, and I love that about him.

Favourite non-trio character: Oh God, there are so many to choose from...I think it's going to be a toss-up between Professor McGonagall and Neville Longbottom. I love how McGonagall is strict but has a really good heart, and I love how Neville learns to believe in himself.

Favourite storyline: I loved the DA storyline, where they're resisting the ministry under Umbridge's nose - I wish it had gone on longer!

Favourite house: I'm going to be predictable and say Gryffindor, I think that's the house I would be put in, and I like their qualities.
Taken from here
Favourite spell: Expecto Patronum, to create a Patronus - I would love to know what mine would be!

Favourite subject: Defence Against the Dark Arts lessons always seemed much more interesting to me than the other subjects.

Favourite Magical Creature: Fawkes - I would love a pet Phoenix!
Taken from here
Least favourite book: I'm going to have to go for Philosophers Stone, because it seems to be written much more for children than the rest, and you can tell it was Rowling's first novel. I still love it though!


Least favourite trio character: Although I love him, I'd have to go for Ron, because of his behaviour in Deathly Hallows, and also for not believing Harry in Goblet of Fire.

Least favourite non-trio character: Dolores Umbridge: I hated that woman! I wish we'd been able to see more bad things happen to her, she was so horrible!
Taken from here

Least favourite storyline: Hagrid bringing Grawp back with him. I always find this part slightly boring when reading it, and I wish Hagrid had come back with Madame Maxime at the beginning of Order of the Phoenix.

Least favourite house: Slytherin!
Taken from here
Least favourite spell: Avada Kedavra.

Least favourite subject: Herbology. I'm not into gardening, and I just didn't see the point of the subject. Sorry Neville!

Least favourite Magical Creature: Basilisk - not only can it kill you with a single glance, it can poison you with it's huge fangs! Ouch!
Taken from here
And there you have it, my first ever reading themed post. Hope you enjoyed it!

Comments

  1. I love Harry Potter, and I have to agree with you about Dolores Umbridge. She did need something much worse to happen to her! It would have been so satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I loved it in the 5th book when she got carried away by those centaurs, I was hoping for something much better in the 7th! Oh well, I can dream...:)

      Delete
  2. I love this post so much Laura. Ever since primary school I've been an avid reader of Harry Potter, I actually counted it out back in the day and somehow I managed to read the Goblet of Fire like thirty times.

    For some reason I never really got into the sixth and seventh book when they were released, I guess with the seventh I just had fell in love with almost the entire book featuring life in Hogwarts and the seventh kind of took it away a bit. I really could ramble on here about Harry Potter for ages haha, Grawp was dull in my opinion too, almost as much as the Norbert thing in the first book that was forgotten like a chapter later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the post! I agree with you about the seventh book, it was strange not going back to Hogwarts! I can understand why they didn't, though.
      I could have gone on for so much longer, but I didn't want to bore people! I'm sure I'll post about Harry Potter again, though :)

      Delete
  3. I loved this! Harry Potter is one of my favourite series, though I have to say I only started reading them because of the film release. I was adament not to read them when I was younger because they were so popular that it drove me insane, but when I saw the trailer for the first film, I was like 'Ok I'll give it a go'. The next day I brought the book and I fell in love.
    I always have difficulty when trying to decide my favourite book, because I love them all, but it would possbly be either Half Blood Prince or Deathly Hallows. Deathly Hallows part one is by far my favourite film because I love the dance scene between Harry and Hermione! I'm a Ravenclaw through and through though lol.
    Oh god, I could go on forever, and my comment would probably become as long as your post. So I'll stop now lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I could have gone on for a lot longer in my post! I'm glad you liked it, I always had trouble picking my favourite book until the seventh one came out, then it eclipsed the rest of them! I do love all of the books though, and I don't think I'll ever get tired of re-reading them! :)

      Delete
  4. I love Harry Potter; I used to read it under my bed because my mom wouldn't let me read it. It was sneaky. Deathly Hallows is amazing! That scene with Harry walking to his death makes me cry every time. And I actually like Snape now. :) McGonagall is pretty awesome. Also, Mrs. Weasly - "Not my daughter, you bitch!" Sweet. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think that was the best line in the book! So unexpected! Glad you enjoyed my post :)

      Delete
  5. I have a confession, I didn't like the 7th book. It didn't work for me. I found it anticlimactic, predictable, and disjointed. Since the other books were so good it was a real disappointment.

    Harry should have ended up as the Defense Against the Dark Arts professor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why some people didn't like it, and you're right, he should have been the Defence Against the Dark Arts professor, he would have been brilliant at it! :)

      Delete
  6. I found the Grawp storyline boring too but I suppose she needed something for their "secret weapon". I hate Dolores with a passion! And I agree completely, I would have loved the DA storyline to have gone on for longer - loved reading about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was nice when Grawp came out and started attacking the other giants! The DA storyline really didn't last long enough, I always get sad when it's over! :)

      Delete
  7. I've never read any of these and only saw the first film, it didn't blow me away. When I was a kid my favourite book was The Hobbit which I read many times. I never actually read Lord of the Rings until I was 28.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The books are definitely better than the movies, you just have to give them a chance. :)
      I made the mistake of watching the Lord of the Rings movies before reading the books, and because of it I couldn't really get into the books! I should have read them first.

      Delete
  8. Such an awesome post! I finally read all the Harry Potter's just after the Deathly hallows came out, reading them all straight through. I was so disapointed I had waited so long to read them, but I also would have been frustrated if I had read them earler one at a time and couldn't move onto the next book for a year or so. My favorite book was The Half-Blood Prince. Usually backstory slows a story down, but I loved it in this case!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wait for new books was pretty awful, I remember when Deathly Hallows came out I went to buy it at midnight and read it until 3 in the morning: I'd have read it for longer if I didn't have work the following day! It was nice to have something to look forward to though, it's sad that it's all over now!

      Delete
  9. Big Harry Potter fan here! I think I agree with you on everything except that I adore Ron's character. And I love that Rowling made his and Harry's friendship shaky twice in the series- it makes it a whole more realistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love his character and the fact that he has flaws, but he was a complete git in the last book! But I love him anyway :)

      Delete
  10. Sending you 2 awards to add to your growing collection- you deserve it! :) And this post is great, I showed it to my best friend (a major Harry Potter fan), and she reeeally enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I'm glad you liked the post, I enjoyed writing it, I could have written for pages and pages! :)

      Delete
  11. I really do not like that giant spider when it first come into the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither, hate small spiders, never mind giant ones! :)

      Delete
  12. i only read comic and mangas haha i was always fascinated by pictures and such :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read any mangas, I love watching anime though :)

      Delete
  13. Oooh, I love harry potter! I went through an obsessive stage once, and then it eased off. But still, they're definately in my top 5 favourite series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say I'm obsessive, but certainly close! I do love the series :)

      Delete
  14. Awesome post! I agree about Ron. Have you signed up on Pottermore?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I actually got into the Beta in October so I haven't been on it in ages! I really need to go on it again, I'm sure there'll be more stuff now! :)

      Delete
  15. Great answers! How I love this series. I was the same age as Harry when the books came out (When book 3 came out I was 13, book 4, 14, etc.), so I grew up with them. I've re-read them I don't know how many times!

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I grew up with them too, it seems like they've always been a part of my life! :)

      Delete
  16. Love this post! I would try and answer all of these myself if I could but this comment would be so long! My favorite book is The Prisoner of Azkaban or The Deathly Hallows. My least favourite is The Chamber of Secrets and The Goblet of Fire. I really want to reread all of these books now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I re-read them like once a year, I just can't help it, I love them! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!