Celebrate the Small Things

Sorry my post is a day late! I didn't post yesterday since I was feeling a little under the weather. 

Celebrate the Small Things is a weekly bloghop hosted by Viklit over at Scribblings of an Aspiring Author. The idea is to post anything you want to celebrate from the last week.


This week I'm celebrating:

- The Sims 4 Create a Sim demo was released on Wednesday, so that was fun. It was interesting to see the changes they've made, and I can't wait to play the full game when it comes out in September.

- I had a day out on Tuesday; my mum, her partner and I went to a farm café for some lunch, which was absolutely lovely. I also had a home-made cherry scone, fresh from the oven. It was still warm, and so delicious. Then we went for a walk around a picturesque village, and had ice cream.

- I'm writing again, which is great! I haven't written much, but I'm certainly getting back into it.

- Misty (my cat) had a limp at the beginning of the week, but it seems to have gotten better, which I'm relieved about! We still don't know what caused it, she probably landed funny jumping down from somewhere high. 

- I'm still celebrating the cooler weather. It really is so much better for me.

- Iced coffee beverages - after months without coffee (and largely without caffeine) I've started craving coffee again, but only when it's iced. I've been getting a lot of Frappe's from McDonalds, and they are so good! I wish I had a Starbucks closer to me so I could get more Frappuccino's. 

- I started watching Once Upon A Time this week, and it's so good! The only trouble is, the DVD I have only has the first four episodes on it, so now I have to wait until I get paid before I can watch the rest of the first season.

Comments

  1. Now you've made me hungry for a cherry scone. That sounds delicious! I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Scones! I hear you on the Starbucks and iced coffee too. Only iced right now, although my hubs insists it has to be hot. Never understand him. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great small things to celebrate. Your scones, your cat being limpless and cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Writing, eating and cats sounds cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll send you all of my Frappuccinos - I don't drink coffee.
    Glad you're writing again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you were feeling under the weather yesterday, hope you are feeling better today.

    I expect you are right about Misty's leg, especially if it all seems better now, we have had similar episodes with our cats.

    A cherry scone sounds yummy, glad you managed a nice day out this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never really understood iced-coffee. I prefer my coffee hot.... Congrats on getting back into writing. I'm sure you'll settle back into your grove soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy that Misty's leg is feeling better. We worry when our pets aren't well. So glad you had a nice day with your Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done for getting writing again. Even if it's not much, you're still making progress :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd be interested to hear how you get on with Once Upon A Time. I started to watch it, but --- well, I won't say. Spoilers, darling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a lovely and delicious week! It's been an incredibly hot summer where I live and we had two days of rain that were wonderful. I love the sun, but I'm not used to getting this much of it.
    Love that you are writing again, and Once Upon a Time is a great show. I'm behind a season, but I hope to be able to catch up again this fall.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!