Express Yourself Meme - 5 Scary Movies/Books!
1. Jeepers Creepers (movie) - I watched this when I was younger (early teens, I think) and it scared the life out of me. I hadn't gone to school that day, and my mum happened to put it on - I think it was punishment for my skipping school! It absolutely terrified me - I never saw the second one, the first one was bad enough, thank you!
2. The Ring (movie) - I think this is the scariest movie I remember seeing so far. I watched it at a sleepover, so there were quite a few of us watching it, but it was still scary as hell! This was made worse by the fact that mid-way through, a fly landed on the screen just like in the movie, so we were all convinced it would be us next! Such a scary film.
3. Paranormal Activity (movie) - I watched this with my mum and sister in a dark room lit only with candles - bad idea! When it ended none of us dared get up off the settee, and we all had to go to the toilet together because we didn't want to wander the house alone! I haven't seen any of the others, mainly because I don't dare; I'd never sleep again!
4. Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist (book) - my mum bought me this book because she thought I'd like it. I did not. I can just about handle scary movies, because you can hide behind your hands, the popcorn, a blanket, your coat sleeve...but you can't hide from the scariness in books, you have to read it. Therefore, I'm not so good with scary books, especially if I'm reading them in the house alone. I think this particular book scarred me for life!
5. The Missing by Lisa McMann (book) - I made the mistake of reading this book on my own at home, and then I didn't dare leave the room I was in for about an hour, and jumped at every little noise. The book is about a girl with OCD, whose boyfriend goes missing one day all of a sudden. Such a creepy book, when I had finished reading it I had to hide it in my bookcase so I could forget about it!
There's my list, sorry it's a bit rushed, I've had a busy day and haven't had much time to write this post!