Celebrate the Small Things

Celebrate the Small Things is a weekly bloghop now hosted by Lexa Cain. The idea is to post anything you want to celebrate from the last week, no matter how small.


This week I'm celebrating:

- I'm blogging again! I spent my day off on Wednesday going through everyone's blogs for IWSG, and I've really missed visiting other bloggers! I'm so glad to be back.

- Hand in hand with this comes the news that I got my new laptop on Tuesday. I think part of the reason I wasn't writing or blogging as much recently is that my computer is upstairs in this house, and sometimes when I've had a long day at work I just want to relax on the settee. Well now I can do that and blog at the same time! 

- The weather's been great here lately - it's lovely to see some sunshine. We're going for a picnic on Sunday, and I can't wait - it'll be nice to get out and about. 

- It's amazing how one small change can make such a big difference - I feel like I'm getting my life back in order again. I've really missed blogging and writing, and I'm so happy that I can get into it again. 

- I've got a lemon drizzle cake in the oven - you can't get better than that!

Comments

  1. Mmm, that lemon drizzle cake sounds delicious! I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sun has been lovely, hasn't it? Although not as warm as forecast - no heatwave down my way! I love being able to use my laptop wherever I want to - usually the settee too :-)

    Have a good weekend, and enjoy the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are really glad you are back and can interact with us again!
    Can I have a piece of cake?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new computer is always so wonderful - I'm glad you're being able to get back into the writing (and reading!) I've been missing the ability to get out and read other blogs, I feel like reading and writing should go hand-in-hand...otherwise you just start to get burned out (at least, I do).
    Also, Lemon drizzle-cake sounds spectacular. I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back. I must say I love my laptop. I can take it anywhere. Have a great weekend and enjoy the picnic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A new computer is definitely something to celebrate! Not to mention cake...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will stick with my trusty old PC. But I have just read this eating chocolate cake and drinking tea.

    good luck blogging on the new shiny thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew you getting the laptop would inspire you to do more - and it has! It's great to hear you so cheerful and optimistic about writing/blogging. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you can get back into writing and blogging again. Enjoy the picnic.

    God, Entertainment, & Annoying Things

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you're back to the things you like to do, Laura. Have fun this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on some great - and yummy - accomplishments!

    Sylvia
    http://writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good weather and a new laptop. You're doing just great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you've got plenty to celebrate this week.

    Like you I've just got a brand new laptop, mine is replacing one which did still work but wasn't doing so well as it got older. It's amazing the difference that it makes though.

    Hope the nice weather sticks around for you. We've had some really wintry weather up here recently, with disruptions to the ferries and the sorts of problems we'd usually have in October, not June. Sunny weather definitely makes you feel differently!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmm, cake. It seems to be everywhere today. Welcome back to blogging. It's great you can be mobile now. I have a new laptop. Will fix it up for a back up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!