Celebrate the Small Things!

Celebrate the Small Things is a weekly bloghop hosted by Viklit over at Scribblings of an Aspiring Author. The idea is to post anything you want to celebrate from the last week.


This week, I'm celebrating:
- the return of my optimism! I'm in a much better place than I was last week, probably thanks to watching lots of episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I'm happy Laura again, and I'm glad, because depression really doesn't suit me!
- I've got a lot of research done for my assignment to create a pamphlet, and therefore lots of research for the A to Z Challenge, since I'm using the same topic for both. It's really interesting research, and I'm loving every minute of it! I'll probably reveal the topic sometime next week :)
- I get to play on the Simcity beta tomorrow, and I'm probably more excited than it is healthy to be!
- I celebrated Valentines Day on Monday, since I couldn't do Thursday, and my lovely boyfriend bought me pizza, chips and onion rings from our favourite takeaway. Beats chocolates and flowers, any day!

I hope you've all had as much to celebrate as me :)

Comments

  1. Awesome! Sounds like you had an great week! Depression sucks! I like your favorite foods for Vday over sweets and flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did! And it does suck, I'm glad it was only temporary! I really enjoyed that pizza, I've been dreaming about it all week...maybe he'll get me another for my birthday!

      Delete
  2. I agree too about the food, and it was sunny here which was nice. Glad you are feeling happy again and you have an idea for the A to Z . . . . WELL COOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been sunny here too, it's strange, I'm not used to it!

      Delete
  3. I sooooo need some optimism right now! I feel stuck in my book :-/ But glad you got yours back ;)

    Great work on the research and OMG great V-day dinner, you had some of my favorite things! Suddenly I want pizza...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know, I've been talking about it too much and now I want it all over again. I hope you find some optimism!

      Delete
  4. It's good to have optimism, I celebrated by receiving Alex's book I won on his blog.

    Have a good week-end.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great way to celebrate, I hope you enjoy it! :)

      Delete
  5. I would also take pizza, chips and onions over chocolate any day, hahaha. Good for you, Laura! Super glad that your optimism returned. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think chocolate is a little overrated :)
      Thanks, me too, I missed it! :)

      Delete
  6. Your Valentine's Day sounds amazing to me Laura, well onion rings aside haha! I'm glad you're optimism is back because you definitely don't suit being depressed and negative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But onion rings are awesome! Each to their own, I guess :)

      Delete
  7. Loving the blog's new look! And wishing you happiness and optimism always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful week. Glad you're in better spirits! I'm sure a grand Valentine's with the bf helped.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh! Sim City!!! I haven't played that in a long time... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been waiting for the new one for months, can't wait until it comes out!

      Delete
  10. Return of your optimism... you go girl!
    Research mode... a double thumbs-up to that!
    Sounds like your early Valentine celebration was a winner!
    All in all, sounds like a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been, here's hoping the next is just as great :)

      Delete
  11. BUFFY is always cheerying!!! YAY BUFFY! Something to celebrate for SURE. Thanks so for joining in - sorry I didn't get round yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, the only problem is I'm addicted again! :)

      Delete
  12. SimCity beta? Jealous! Also, yay for returning optimism! Buffy is a good cure all show to watch :)

    Jamie @ Mithril Wisdom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only got an hour on it though, not enough! You're right, Buffy is an excellent cure for anything :)

      Delete
  13. I love the idea of celebrating small things. That is what life is about...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great meme, it's nice to remember that there are always things to celebrate :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!