I did it!

I've finished Camp NaNo, yay!

Here are my final stats:


Average Words Per Day
1,613

Your Average Per Day
1,668

Words Written Today
3,182

Target Word Count
50,000

Total Words Written
50,077

Words Remaining
0

Current Day
30

Days Remaining
2

At This Rate You Will Finish On
August 30, 2012

Words Per Day To Finish On Time
0

I'm very proud of myself for actually being able to make it to the end, as I didn't think I would! I thought I'd get about halfway (if that) and then give up, but I stuck with it and now I have 50000 words of a story written out! It's a very rough draft at the moment, but I'm sure I can make it better with a bit (or a lot) or editing!
Congratulations to everyone else that has hit 50000 as well, and thanks to everyone for your kind words of encouragement while I participated in Camp NaNo :)

Comments

  1. Congratulations! That is awesome, and you still have another day to spare :) My NaNo drafts are always very rough, but it's about having the bones of the story :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's what I thought, at least I have plenty of time now to go back and edit :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Laura, I bet your story would make a seriously amazing read after a bit of editing, it sounds awesome the way it is already though, the challenge is such a great concept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I enjoyed the challenge a lot, I'm glad I decided to take part :)

      Delete
  3. That's awesome, and quite an accomplishment! There may be plenty of editing ahead of you, but getting that rough draft out is the all important first step to writing a novel. Good luck with editing that draft in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That's a great achievement! ^_^ I agree, NaNo novels are always just the bones, but putting the meat on them afterwards is a lot of fun! Good luck with the rest of your novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm looking forward to fleshing it out and just making it better! :)

      Delete
  5. I hope you get a chance to chill a bit now in the wondrous world of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's awesome well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. way to go! i'm mad at myself for finishing my story w/o getting to 50,000! i rushed it! oh well.
    have a sweet weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's still an accomplishment to actually finish the story though :)

      Delete
  8. Congratulations. Now sit back and have a rest for a while. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's lovely being able to get back home from work and know I don't have to do anything, I can just relax! :)

      Delete
  9. Wow, that is a huge achievement. Congrats!

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!