Celebrate the Small Things

Celebrate the Small Things is a weekly bloghop now hosted by Lexa Cain. The idea is to post anything you want to celebrate from the last week, no matter how small.


This week I'm celebrating:

- Story planning is still going well - I haven't been this excited about an idea in a long time! Other things are falling by the wayside, though - I still haven't nailed down my A - Z theme, or started on my next piece for WEP. 

- I've started teaching myself to play the piano this week - I've always wanted to learn. I started teaching myself a couple of years ago but then I moved, so it got forgotten. Since I've had a lot more free time lately because of my new job, I thought what better time to learn? So I've been watching You-tube videos to try to teach myself. There's nothing like learning a new skill.

- I've just changed my blog look for the first time in a good couple of years - let me know what you think! It still needs some work, it was a spur of the moment thing!

What are you celebrating this week?

Comments

  1. Several others have changed to this new look. It's simpler and cleaner.
    Cool you are teaching yourself to play the piano.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on all your wonderful news, Laura. I love music and the piano. I took lessons too, but was never very good at it. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear your story idea is coming along well! I've always wanted to play piano. My mom played piano, harpsichord and church organ, and my husband plays keyboard. I learned when I was young but I was awful, but at least I'm close to others that play! Love the warm-colored blog look. Good luck on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blog is looking good, very fresh. :-)

    And good luck with teaching yourself to play the piano. I'm learning Welsh at the moment and I've found doing a little every day is really effective at getting it to stick. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty blog! Good luck with the piano. I've started to learn Chinese and feel like I can't remember anything. Good luck on A-Z!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jim Parsons, who plays the obnoxious character Sheldon, taught himself to play the piano in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new look! Good luck with teaching yourself to play. My son plays piano, but he hates to practice...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your blog's new look! I've always wanted to learn to play guitar, but I've never gotten around to it. Good luck with piano, and good luck with your story planning! I love that rush of excitement when a great idea strikes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!