P is for Poison

I'm doing flash fiction for this year's A to Z challenge, hope you enjoy!




Poison


“I don’t think we should do this anymore.”
“What do you mean?”
“Us. This. I don’t think we should be together anymore.”
She folded her arms and looked down at her feet.
“Where is this coming from?”
“It’s - nowhere -”
“It’s him, isn’t it? What’s he been telling you this time?”
“It’s nothing to do with him, it’s entirely my decision.”
“Can’t you see he’s poisoned you against me? I can’t believe you’re letting him tear us apart!”
“Maybe we were already poisoned. Maybe he just helped me to see it.”
She turned and walked away, and didn’t look back.

Comments

  1. The question I have to ask, was the poison already there and 'he' has a point, or is 'he' just being a controlling arse?
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings | Wittegen Press | FB3X (AC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sounds like he has a strong ulterior motive!

    Annalisa, writing A-Z vignettes, at Wake Up, Eat, Write, Sleep

    ReplyDelete
  3. He sounds like he's a manipulator, or that just me being paranoid?
    Sophie
    Sophie's Thoughts & Fumbles
    FB3X
    Wittegen Press

    ReplyDelete
  4. we often react to perceptions and not reality

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch, this sounds like quite a real break up. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, no. Hard to say if it was poisoned or already bad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job, Laura. A very thought-provoking story. Hope you're enjoying the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. >>..."She folded her arms and looked down at her feet."
    In body language terms, she'd definitely made up her mind,
    Good one,Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope she made the right decision. Good story. Alana rmblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another good one, Laura. :-) I love how much of a story you're capturing in so few words.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Powerful story - I wonder which one of them was telling the truth? Were they already poisoned or not? Great writing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE stories in dialogue, this is no exception, honestly one of your strongest along with immortal and Horsemen. Can't wait to see what you have next :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!