M is for Monster

I'm doing flash fiction for this year's A to Z challenge, hope you enjoy!



Monster


“Monster!”
“Freak!”
The voices come at me from all sides like knives, voices from former friends and family.
“I hereby banish you from this village,” said a deep voice. “Take your abnormality somewhere else!”
The men tightly clutching my arms throw me away from them, sending me sprawling onto the ground.
“If you are seen here again, we shall show no mercy!”
They turn away from me and begin the journey back through the forest, back to their beloved village.



“Hey,” said a quiet voice, making me jump.
“Who are you?” I asked.
He walked into the clearing, followed by a few others. “Don’t worry, we won’t hurt you. We’re just like you.”
He grinned, his fangs glinting in the moonlight.

Comments

  1. Yay for friends - I hope someone takes some revenge on the villagers and teaches them a lesson.
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings | Wittegen Press | FB3X (AC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo...fangs! Vampire? Werewolf? Those possibilities make me giddy!
    Katie @TheCyborgMom

    ReplyDelete
  3. He just found some kindred spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fang-you very much for that scary story! Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He’s such a sweet monster, not harming them while they took him through a whole journey just to toss him out, I mean he got fangs for God’s sake!
    Now that’s my kind of monster(vampire) :D
    "Haneen/I Will Never Give you Up (430)"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you always manage to pack so much into the last few words in your challenge posts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A hint of a happy ending . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, didn't see that coming. Have to wonder who the monsters are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it is difficult for normal people to tolerate monsters, they don't mind behaving monstrously with monsters

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't see a celebrate post, but I couldn't pass up a story with the title "Monster"!! I loved it! You really have the knack of the twist ending and clever reveals. Keep on writing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!