Celebrate the Small Things

If you're looking for my A to Z 'W' post, you can find it here.


Celebrate the Small Things is a weekly bloghop hosted by Viklit over at Scribblings of an Aspiring Author. The idea is to post anything you want to celebrate from the last week.

I've had a really bad week, so I'm grateful to this blogfest, because it reminds me that there are always things to celebrate. I had to get my dog put down on Wednesday, so it's just an incredibly sad time for me at the minute. He really was like a member of the family. 

So, some things to celebrate!

- I finished both of my assignments, my pamphlet and my ghost story, and handed them in on Wednesday. I don't have any deadlines now until my dissertation deadline in September, so it's nice to be able to relax. 

- My pamphlet has been published online, so if anyone wants to take a look at it, you can find it here. It's a collection of poetry based on Greek myths, which is why I chose the theme for the A to Z challenge. If you do take a look, let me know what you think!

Comments

  1. I love the sound of this blogfest! Congrats on finishing both of your assignments :D I handed in two of mine on Monday as well, so nice to get them done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finishing assignments is always good! I downloaded your pamphlet and look forward to reading it soon. Congratulations on a successful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry about your dog, of course. Sometimes the only way to get through that kind of pain is to focus on the things that are good.

      Delete
  3. So sorry about your dog, I know how sad it can feel letting a much loved pet go. But congrats on finishing those assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your dog :( Congrats on the accomplishments!

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your dog. That's always hard. But congratulations on your assignments. I'm sure that was a weight off your shoulders!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry about your dog. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your poetry is very good well done, and sad news about the dog. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about your dog, Laura. I know from experience that it's a terribly sad time for you. But I'm glad that you're finding the small things to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry to hear about your dog, pets are such members of the family and it is very sad when they pass. *HUGS*

    I'm glad you feel able to find small things to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear about your dog Laura, no wonder your week wasn't too great, I hope you continue to move on positively like you are here. Congratulations on the pamphlet too, off to check that out now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. I know just how hard that is. Take care and congratulations on your pamphlet, that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Laura. That's so sad about your dog - pets really are family members.
    Hope you're doing ok.
    p.s. Congratulations on the pamphlet. Going to check it out now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry about your dog. That's hard. I'm also happy that you get some downtime, and don't have to stress about school right now. Your pamphlet sounds cool. On my way there soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You've done a lot of work for that project! Good for you on the pamphlet! Woohoo!

      Delete
  14. Laura, I've nominated you for the Sunshine Award. Please visit www.dhdunne.blogspot.com for more info. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Laura, just stopping by to say hello and I hope you're feeling a little more cheerful today. Remember to stop by my blog when you can to learn more about the Sunshine Award nomination.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!