What's Up Wednesday

What’s Up Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Erin L Funk and Jaime Morrow, and the idea is to let other bloggers know where you are with any writing and reading goals you may have.




1. What I'm reading

I'm still reading CassaFire by Alex J. Cavanaugh, but I should get it finished soon. I've had more time to read lately, so I'm getting through it faster than I was. It's an excellent read, hopefully I can sit down and finish the rest of the book within the next couple of days.

2. What I'm writing

I'm still working on my revised outline for my NaNo novel. It's taking a while, but I should have more time and energy to work on it now that my work hours have changed. 
I'm also working on my A to Z posts. I haven't started writing the posts yet, but I've decided on a theme and I have a subject for every letter apart from Y, which I'm struggling with! I'm sure I'll find something; at least it's one of the last letters, so I still have plenty of time. I'll be scheduling my posts in advance, hopefully starting within the next week.

3. What else I've been up to

Since I'm an A to Z helper this year, I have a few extra duties so I've been working on those. I put together an A to Z blog post yesterday – if you haven’t seen it, you can find it here. It has some great reasons why you should join in the fun, and tips to make it through the challenge. 
I did my first 9.00am - 4.00pm shift on Monday, and it was great! I much prefer it to my 5.00am - 12.00pm shifts. I actually felt awake at work, which makes a change! I'll be doing the later shifts two or three times a week, and I'm thrilled about that.

4. What inspires me right now

Getting things done! I'm glad I've finally started working on my A to Z, I can't wait to start writing my posts. 
Also, sunshine! The sun has been out quite a lot this week, and it's been great. I love winter, but I'm ready for some sunshine this year; winter's been a disappointment this year. Unfortunately we're forecast rain for the next five days, so I'll enjoy the sunshine today while it lasts. 

Comments

  1. Glad you're enjoying the story!
    Y will come to you. Feels good to have a theme and know what you'll write about, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the A-Z posts! I've considered taking part but I have too many distractions from writing already, haha. I can't wait for the weather to improve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A to Z is so much fun. I don't know that I'll be able to participate this year, but I'm still looking forward to seeing what others come up with. Y was always a trouble spot for me, too, but you'll come up with something great soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm slowly working on my A-to-Z posts too, Laura. I don't think I've ever worked on posts this far in advance, but I know I'll be glad that I did when April rolls around. :)

    All the best with your writing this week. Hopefully the new hours will not only enable you to be alert at work, but also give you the energy to get lots of great writing and blogging in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire that you're participating in the A-Z challenge, I'm not creative enough to come up with all those posts! Hope you find revising time with your new schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always find that getting things done is super inspiring. I only wish it happened more often! I'd love to take part in the A-to-Z Challenge again this year, but I think I should concentrate on actually getting some writing/revising done. You guys are going to have fun, though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I'm so glad you're part of the A-Z Challenge, and an integral part too. Every time I see your smiling avatar, I grin. Cheese for your, lady. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm trying out the A-Z challenge for the first time this year, and WOW- are you on top of things already! I've thought a bit about it but that's it. I was planning on flying by the seat of my pants, like I usually do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the A-Z challenge. I've never had the time to take part, but I'm always in awe of those who do :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm excited to read you A-Z posts, I love reading them as the A-Z posts are usually very informative & fun! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!