Celebrate the Small Things

Celebrate the Small Things is a weekly bloghop hosted by Viklit over at Scribblings of an Aspiring Author. The idea is to post anything you want to celebrate from the last week.


This week I'm celebrating:

- I finished reading my NaNo draft, something that I've been trying to get done since the start of January. It feels great that I've finally got it done, and now I can move onto creating a revised outline for my story, and get started on edits. 

- I had a great Valentine's Day part one with my boyfriend on Tuesday, since we won't get to see each other tonight. I'm looking forward to Part Two next Tuesday - I think we're planning on going for a day out this time. 

- I got so stuck into a book (An Unstill Life by Kate Larkindale) that I had to force myself to stop reading and go to sleep at 12.30am, even though I really didn't want to! I love it when a book has that much of an effect on me. 

Comments

  1. Yay for getting to NaNo! Don't you love when a book is THAT good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love it when a book does that to me. Such a great feeling.

    Happy writing/editing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two part Valentine's Day - lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When a good book grabs you like that, it's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A book that can make you lose sleep is powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont read but I do draw little pictures until after midnight . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww..... I'm sorry my book made you lose sleep, but at the same time, I'm thrilled it had you so engaged! Good luck with your NaNo revisions. Reading that messy drat for the first time is always scary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy you're enjoying a good book and having a big Valentine celebration, Laura. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are the best sort of books aren't they? Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on finishing your Nano novel reading. I did that last week! It was fun to read and I could see a lot of plot holes. Hope you enjoy the second part of your Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love it when a book can pull me in so much that I ignore sleeping even. Congrats on finishing your read through of your Nano Novel. Revisions are my fav, so I hope you have fun with that :)

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done with the first read, I haven't even finished my NaNo draft.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the sign of a good book is that you wonder what the characters are doing while you're not reading.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the sign of a good book is that you wonder what the characters are doing while you're not reading.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you found a good book. Hope Valentine's was great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!