What's Up Wednesday

What’s Up Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Erin L Funk and Jaime Morrow, and the idea is to let other bloggers know where you are with any writing and reading goals you may have.



1. What I'm reading

I'm still reading CassaFire by Alex J. Cavanaugh. I haven't had much time to read in the last week, but hopefully I'll get more this next week. I'm behind on my reading goal for the year, but I know I can catch up.

2. What I'm writing

I've started my revised outline for my NaNo novel, and I'm quite excited about the progress I've made. I've changed quite a lot of the story, and added quite a few extra scenes. This is a good thing, since my first drafts are always the bare bones of a story - I always need to add more, rather than take scenes away. 
I've also been getting quite a few short story ideas, though I haven't started working on them yet.

3. What else I've been up to

Work has been tiring me out a lot lately, since I haven't had a break from it since September last year. I have to get up at 3.35am 5 days a week for my job, so it really gets to me after a while. I'm hoping to get some time off for my birthday in March, so hopefully I only have to last until then. 
Due to my total lack of energy, I haven't really done much this week besides work. When I get home, all I want to do is relax and do something that requires little thought, so I've been playing The Sims 3 a lot, and on Monday I spent the afternoon watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It was nice to just do what I wanted, without worrying about anything else not getting done.

4. What inspires me right now

The fact that I'm getting somewhere with my NaNo novel. I've identified a lot of the main problems with the story, and I'm well on my way to rectifying them. I'm hopeful that I can turn this into a good story. 

Comments

  1. I don't think I could function at that hour of the morning. You do need a break.
    And you're reading CassaFire now? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually need to add new scenes into my drafts, too - my first drafts are often very short!
    Oh wow - I can't function before 9 am, so I don't blame you for not wanting to do more work when you get home.

    Good luck with your revisions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I can't believe you have to get up at that time every day! I really hope you get a nice, relaxing break soon. Hope the outlining on your novel continues to go well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your novel. Sounds like it's coming along well. Hope work gets easier for you. Being exhausted like that doesn't sound like very much fun at all.

    MJ, A to Z Challenge Co-Host
    Writing Tips
    Effectively Human
    Lots of Crochet Stitches


    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!