What's Up Wednesday

What’s Up Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Erin L Funk and Jaime Morrow, and the idea is to let other bloggers know where you are with any writing and reading goals you may have.



1. What I'm reading

I finished reading Cinder, which I loved - definitely need to get the next one soon! I also read Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor - I devoured this book. Again, I can't wait to read the next in my series. 

I'm now reading The Trouble with Flying by Rachel Morgan (in exchange for a review) and still reading A Clash of Kings.

2. What I'm writing 

I'm mainly focusing on preparation for Camp NaNo, which starts in July. I'm planning on writing short stories/flash fiction for it, and I want to get plenty of ideas down and maybe start writing a few short outlines before the challenge begins. 

3. What else I've been up to

Mostly working - I've been getting a lot of overtime in lately, since I have a lot of things I need to pay for. I need four new tyres for my car, which obviously aren't going to be cheap, and now my graphics card has gone wrong, so I'm going to have to get a new one. This isn't ideal, since I've also got holidays and other things to save up for, but I guess it can't be helped.

4. What inspires me right now

The prospect of new stories to write. I can't wait to bury myself in my Camp NaNo project and get away from edits, just for a while. 

Comments

  1. At least you will have money for those expenses - what if you didn't?
    Hope you get some great ideas down for Camp NaNo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED Cinder. You're lucky you have two more books to read. But the final book Winter won't be out until November 2015, but she's releasing a prequel in Queen Levana's POV in January. But still. The waiting. ugh! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been working a lot of OT as well, but sadly my job is salary so no OT pay. Fooey!! Hope the tires get replaced soon :) have a good Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're working hard. What is Camp NaNoWriMo? I know the big event in November but I always forget what the July event is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved both CINDER and DAUGHTER OF SMOKE & BONE. The latter was one of those stop and reread situations, since there were so many gorgeous lines of prose. Good luck with Camp NaNo! I've never taken part, but I have done November NaNo. I kind of stink at it lol. Have a wonderful week, Laura! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. CINDER is next on my list (ish). It's going to be a July read for me and I'm excited you liked it!!!! Good luck with Camp NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you for working hard to to what you need to do. :0) I loved DOSAB-- what a great book. That was one that I read right when it came out, and haven't read the 2nd and 3rd installments. I need to jump back into those, because I think Laini Taylor writes beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with Camp NaNo :D

    Ugh, don't you hate it when things all go wrong at the same time? Hope you can get it all sorted soon.

    Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woot woot- camp nano July! I'm there too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you get everything paid for! We're needing a whole new laptop, but not sure when it will happen. Good luck with Camp. Doing flash fiction sounds like a fun approach and at least you won't get bogged down with one story!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you enjoyed CINDER! It's such a fabulous series. So's DOSAB. Good luck planning for Camp NaNo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Writing again . . . . . . YEH . . . you can't write too much is what I say..... it is all learning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea for Camp NaNo and I hope it works for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!