Reader Appreciation Award!
A big thank you to L. G. Keltner over at Writing Off the Edge for bestowing me with the Reader Appreciation Award! Her blog is one of my favourites, so it's nice to receive awards from her :)
- Identify and show appreciation to the blogger who nominated you.
- Add the reward logo to your blog.
- Tell your readers seven things about yourself.
- Nominate 5-10 of your favorite bloggers for this award.
- Inform your nominees you nominated them.
It's getting harder and harder to find things about myself to share with you, but I'll try my best! Here goes:
1. I played badminton last week at Centerparcs, and found to my surprise that I'm actually quite good at it. I'm usually terrible at most sports, so it was nice to succeed in something for a change! I might play it more often.
2. There's a possibility that I have an ingrown toenail, and I'm freaking out about it quite a lot. It doesn't help that I'm quite squeamish; even thinking about it makes me feel dizzy! Apparently you have to go to the doctors and have a procedure that removes part of your nail, it sounds awful! I really hope it just goes away on its own! I doubt it though, I'm at work all weekend and I do a lot of walking at work.
3. I have a very bad temper, especially when I'm tired. I tend to snap at people a lot, which I regret later on, once I've calmed down. I'm working on controlling my temper, and it's going quite well at the minute! I'm trying to be more laid back about things :)
4. My mum bought me a new hamster on Tuesday! You might remember a couple of months ago my previous hamster died, and she's been on about getting me another one for ages, but I didn't want one straight away after losing Domino. Anyway, her name is Fudge and she's a sweetie! She's very energetic, and spends most of her time on her wheel - we know, because it squeaks really loudly when it turns!
|Always on the wheel|
5. My mum and my sister are my two best friends in the world. I don't know what I'd do without either of them. My sister and I have always been close; there's only an 18 month age gap between us. We like the same things, and people often mistake us for twins because we look so much alike. (or we used to, before she died her blonde hair brown!)
As for my mum, it sometimes seems as if we have the same mind; we're totally on the same wavelength. Often, one of us will say something and the other will say "I was just thinking that!" and then we both burst out laughing. We have a lot of inside jokes as well, because we live together and work together. I dread the day when I move out; I'll miss her a lot!
6. This is my 100th post. When I first started this blog, I don't think I ever thought I'd get this far!
7. I love singing, but I’m not particularly good at it. Because of that, I usually only sing when I’m on my own. If I’m at home on my own I’ll put some music on (very loud, how I like it) and sing to my heart’s content. The other place I love to sing is when I’m driving; I turn the volume up really loud (apparently you can hear me coming from quite far away) and sing away while I drive. I’ve found it’s a good stress reliever.
And now for the people I'm nominating:
Donna at My Write Spot
Tara at Tara Tyler Talks
Lisa at The Last Krystallos
Jessica at Visions of Other Worlds
Joshua at Vive le Nerd