The Versatile Blogger Award!
Nikki over at Inspirenordic gave me a belated birthday present earlier today - the Versatile Blogger Award! Please make sure you stop by her blog. :)
I also got nominated for this award by Gossip_Grl at Whatever, so please stop by there too! :)
The rules of this award are simple:
1. Nominate 15 others for the award and inform them with a comment on each of their blogs.
2. Create a post for the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
Here are my 7 random things about me:
1. I very rarely drink alcohol. I don't think this makes me boring or anything - I still have loads of fun whenever I go out with my friends. In fact, if I do drink alcohol it tends to ruin my fun, because it just makes me feel sick, even if I only have one glass, so it's easier to just not drink it.
2. One of my favourite things to do is to drive. I love long journeys most - the 5 minute drive to and from work is just not enough! I love turning my music up loud and speeding down roads, singing as I go (not very well, I might add). This is the reason why my car is one of my most treasured possessions - it gives me freedom and independence.
3. I'm very pale - there have been several times in my life where teachers and doctors have thought there was something wrong with me because of my very pale skin. It used to really bug me, but I love my paleness now - I wouldn't have my skin any other way.
4. Winter is my favourite season, because I love cold winter nights where I can snuggle by the fire to keep warm. Also, I love snow, and of course Christmas! I also much prefer my winter wardrobe to my summer one!
5. I am severely arachnophobic, to the extent that if there is a spider in the kitchen, I would rather wait for hours, without food or drink, for my mum to come home and get rid of it before I would step foot in there. I realise that it's really irrational, and there's nothing to be scared of, but I can't help it! Apparently I was fine with them when I was younger - me and my brother and sister used to call them all "Fred" and make friends with them, apparently.
6. I love horseriding, but I barely ever get to go! I used to go when I was little, but then I stopped and I've only recently started going again with my mum, but we can only go when we can afford it and both have the same day off work, which isn't very often! We're hopefully going sometime next week, though :)
7. I can be very overemotional when watching TV and movies, and reading books - I cry very easily. I used to get really embarrassed and try to hide my tears, but I don't bother anymore. I think crying can be very healthy, even if it's over fictional characters!
Ok, now for the hard part: My nominees.
Ash-Matic at Ash-Matic Does Things because his posts never fail to make me laugh.
Kelley at Between the Bookends because she has an interesting blog and I especially liked her pictures from her Dublin trip.
Nifer at Completely Unoriginal Thoughts who I've only just discovered, but the posts I've read so far have been awesome!
Miri at I Solemnly Swear I’m up to a Book because I love her book reviews.
Heather at Into the Cuckoo's Nest again because of her awesome book reviews.
Julie Daines because I loved the limericks in her Limerick contest!
Ermie at Just Ermie because I enjoy her posts, particularly the ones about positive thinking.
Elizabeth at Writeaway because I love her writing tips and games.
Alana at Writercize because I love her writing competitions, even though I haven't entered any of them yet!
Gina at Gina’s Writers Blog because of her awesome post on perseverance that she put up the other day.
And finally, Katie at Reflections of a Law Student because it's my baby sister and she's just started, and could do with some followers. :)
So, these are my chosen few, so please visit their blogs! And thanks again to Inspirenordic and Gossip_Grl for the award!