IWSG - March 2018

For anyone who doesn't know, the Insecure Writer's Support Group is a group of writer's who post once a month about their insecurities, and then visit each other to offer help and support.


I finally managed to read through the first draft of my NaNo novel! I mentioned last month that I'd been struggling to read it since I wrote it last July, but this month I just made myself do it. 

Now that I've done that, I get to do the fun part - edits!

This month's optional question is: How do you celebrate when you achieve a writing goal/ finish a story?

I have a few ways that I celebrate achieving a goal, and they mostly involve just enjoying myself or giving myself a treat.

When I finished reading my first draft, for example, I spent a couple of hours playing on The Sims 4, which is a great way to have fun and relax. Reading a book and watching TV are other ways to celebrate - sometimes after working on my own stories it's nice to lose myself in someone else's! Or I'll have a treat, like some chocolate or a takeaway.

Comments

  1. Glad to hear you managed that read through, Laura. I always enjoy the editing and rewriting more too! Happy writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to lose ourselves in another story. Now, pass the remote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate is the best, to me. Unfortunately, I indulge even when I don't have anything to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy you went back through your first draft! (sorry it's time to edit now). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you finished the read-through. I find that to be excruciatingly difficult. Yay! That's a reward in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like using reading as a reward, too. Especially when it's a book that I've been dying to read.

    And of course, you can't go wrong with chocolate!

    Hope your edits are going well...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Laura - well done on enjoying the read through ... know there are rewards ahead. Good luck for the edits - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with edits! That's a great way to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on finishing the NaNo book, AND reading it. Now, the work begins. Great ways to celebrate!
    Mary at Play off the Page

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done on reading through your book! Good luck with edits.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A read through is essential, now the hard work begins, editing. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!