Goals for March
I didn't do very well at all on my February goals; I was a lot busier than I'd expected to be, so didn't have a whole lot of time to get things done. Here's how I did:
- Read/listen to 4 books - I didn't manage this one either, I only finished two books in February.
- 2 x blog posts a week - I think I managed one blog post a week, which isn't as bad as it could have been.
- Visit blogs twice a week - I hardly visited any blogs this month, which really is terrible. I'm struggling to get back into the habit of visiting other blogs regularly, but I know that it's an important part of having a blog.
- Make a meal plan each week and stick to it - I did pretty well the first couple of weeks of the month, but the last week was terrible. I'm determined to do better this month.
I'm determined to do better this month! Here are my goals for March:
- Start edits on first draft - This is the part I've been looking forward to. This month I'm aiming to go through the first draft, making notes as I go, so that I can sort out plot holes, sub plots, characterisation, extra scenes needed and the actual order of the story.
- 2 x blog posts a week - This really isn't a difficult goal, so I'm annoyed with myself that I didn't manage it last month. The trick is to write the posts in advance, and I'm going to make sure to do that this month.
- Visit other blogs twice a week - Again, this isn't difficult, I just need to set aside the time to do it.
- Visit the gym at least once a week - I may have achieved my goal of joining the gym, but I've only been a couple of times since joining. I'm setting a goal to go once a week, but I'm going to aim for twice a week.
- Write a meal plan every Sunday - This is something I've been doing on and off for years now - when I do it, it works really well, but I'm far too quick to find an excuse and just have a takeaway instead of cooking. (For example, last week I ran out of onions, which I use in most of the things that I cook, so instead of going out and getting more I had a mixture of takeaways and convenience food, which just isn't healthy)
- Read/listen to 3 books - I've gone for 3 books this month, which is slightly more doable. The annoying thing is I absolutely love to read, I just don't give myself a lot of time to do it. It's not very often I sit down with a cup of coffee and a good book and just let myself read for enjoyment, which is sad because it used to be one of my favourite ways to pass the time. I definitely need to set aside some time just to enjoy a book.
What are your goals for March?