What's Up Wednesday

What’s Up Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Erin L Funk and Jaime Morrow, and the idea is to let other bloggers know where you are with any writing and reading goals you may have.



1. What I'm Reading

Since my last WUW post (back at the beginning of March, whoops!) I've read four books: Trouble by Non Pratt, All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven, Unspeakable by Abbie Rushton and We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. 

The first two I loved, the third was OK but I really didn't like We Were Liars. I'd heard wonderful things about it, but I didn't like the way it was written and I just didn't enjoy the story. I had to force myself to keep reading to get to the end. 

I'm now reading More Than This, by Patrick Ness. I'm enjoying it so far; it's unlike anything I've read before.

2. What I'm Writing (+ Writing Goal)

I've had something of a writing block lately, but yesterday I managed to sit down and write three of my flash fiction's for the A to Z challenge, which I'm pretty happy about. I have this weekend off, so I'm planning on sitting down and churning out as many words as possible.

3. What Works for Me

Remembering that simple ideas are sometimes better than elaborate ones.

4. What Else I've Been Up To

I went to see Insurgent at the cinema yesterday, and I really enjoyed it. I wasn't really looking forward to seeing it, but I think that's just because it's been so long since I read the book; I need to re-read the whole series. Plus I saw a trailer for the new Avengers movie, and I can't wait to see that! 

Comments

  1. I loved MORE THAN THIS! Patrick Ness's writing style is really unique.

    Best of luck with the A-Z posts! I can't wait to see the next Avengers film, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you can write quite a few pieces this weekend. Six days and counting to the Challenge...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!