Celebrate the Small Things

Celebrate the Small Things is a weekly bloghop hosted by Viklit over at Scribblings of an Aspiring Author. The idea is to post anything you want to celebrate from the last week.


This week I'm celebrating: 

- It seems like my flu is finally getting better. I made the mistake of going to work yesterday, thinking "Oh, I'll be fine." I lasted two and a half hours and then came home. I rang in sick today, but hopefully I'll be OK to work tomorrow. The only problem now is that I've lost hours at work, and since I had already lost hours because of going to Spain I won't be paid as much as I wanted to be, but there's nothing I can do about that. I'm getting used to being short of money, anyway! 

- I'm actually getting somewhere with my dissertation now, so that's good. I'm getting back into my routine, except the flu part!

- Since I won Camp NaNo, I get a 50% off code for Scrivener. I've wanted to try it out for a while, so I've downloaded the trial version and if I like it I'll get the full version (when I have more money, anyway.) I'm looking forward to trying it out. 

Comments

  1. Fifty percent off Scrivener is good! Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better, Laura. I'll be thinking of you. Glad you have other good things to celebrate this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon! That's awesome you won!! Congrats and enjoy that 50% off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that your flu is getting better Laura, hopefully it continues to get better and better until it's completely gone. Great post, well done on winning too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your being sick. :-( But really happy that you won such a great prize.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you feel better soon! Having the flu is definitely no fun. You'll have to let us know how you like Scrivener. I've been considering getting it, but right now Word works just fine for what I have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're starting to feel a little better. Get some rest and I hope you are back to 100% soon. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your dissertation! Feel better sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope the flu goes soon, it is one of those things where you often feel OK in the morning and rapidly do down hill through the rest of the day, so take care at work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. go not do, although the d upside down is almost the same

      Delete
  10. Glad the flu is on it's way out and congrats on getting a move on with the dissertation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I finally got a decent job. I guess I can celebrate that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here's to hoping that flu thing just gets another life - like in a lake or something. Hopefully you can get the writing you want done this weekend and still get enough rest to be well for Monday. Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh have fun trying out Scrivener, i just trialled it and ended up buying the full version.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Scrivener, I have the trial on my husbands laptop at the moment. Unfortunately, he's so obsessed with his new game I hardly get to go on it. I'm not computer savvy enough to get it on my Linux notebook.

    I think I need to save for a new laptop. So far I've got £1.50!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh no.. hope you are feeling better by now :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!