Celebrate the Small Things

Celebrate the Small Things is a weekly bloghop hosted by Lexa Cain. The idea is to post anything you want to celebrate from the last week, no matter how small.


Here's what I'm celebrating this week:

- We had a bake off at work on Wednesday, and I won! To be fair, there weren't very many entries in the end, but I'm still pretty happy with that. Below is a picture of the same cake but made a couple of years ago - the decoration actually was better on the first attempt than the one I made this week, which is why I'm surprised I won! I forgot to take a picture of the one I made this week, but the one below looks better anyway! 



- It's starting to feel very Christmassy now - only a week to go before I can start getting really excited! 

- Grey's Anatomy is back on, and that always makes me happy. It can be so ridiculous sometimes, but it's still one of my favourite shows.

Comments

  1. Hmm, a bake off is a great way to introduce more cake into the working day - I highly approve! And congrats on the win.

    I'm still ignoring Christmas, despite my double chocolate Lindt advent calendar staring at me, and my new, secondhand, Mario Lanza Christmas album that Hubby brought home a few weeks ago. All Christmas mentions are banned in our house until 1 December!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on winning the bake off. We have them regularly at work for fundraising and I'm always in awe of how talented everyone else is in the kitchen.

    We put a Christmas CD in the car yesterday. They've been playing Christmas songs on the radio all week so I decided it was time. ;)

    Click @ Click's Clan

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake looks great. Congrats on your victory. I'm heading home for Christmas (Dec 12),, so I reckon I'll start to feel t then, although I have done most of my gift shopping already thanks to he internet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winning is always a great feeling! From the picture, you deserved the win. Now how about sending me a piece? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for your win, and yay for Christmas season! The tree us up, lights are strung, presents are purchased and the only thing we're missing is hot cocoa. Here's to an epic holiday season!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!