Celebrate the Small Things

Celebrate the Small Things is a weekly bloghop now hosted by Lexa Cain. The idea is to post anything you want to celebrate from the last week, no matter how small.


This week I'm celebrating:

- I made some soda bread on Sunday, and it was delicious! I've wanted to branch out into bread-making for a long time, and I'm glad I've finally made something, even if it is an easy bread to make (it uses buttermilk and baking powder instead of yeast).

- I spent my day off yesterday just watching TV with my mum, and it was lovely. Sometimes it's nice to just stay at home! 

Comments

  1. Sometimes, just hanging out, watching TV is the perfect therapy to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soda bread? I envision adding Coke to the bread, but I'm sure that's not what soda means.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is lovely to just relax at home sometimes. Wishing you a wonderful weekend, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on the bread. I agree with you on staying in and relaxing. Last weekend the weather was awful and I just snuggled up indoors with old films and yummy food. It was just what I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I lived with someone who enjoyed baking as you do. Fresh bread sounds delicious! Yay for relaxing! I can't afford a day off, but I slow down when I can and watch while I do social media things. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been forever since I've had soda bread. I'm sure it was delicious. Hanging around at home with your mum and watching TV sounds heavenly too. Sometimes the simplest things are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure I've ever had soda bread. It sounds delicious, though. Glad you had a great day with your mum. It's definitely nice to stay home. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!