Celebrate the Small Things

Celebrate the Small Things is a weekly bloghop now hosted by Lexa Cain. The idea is to post anything you want to celebrate from the last week, no matter how small.


This week I'm celebrating:

- I saw my friends from uni over the weekend, which was great. We all live quite far apart, but we're managing to see each other quite often this year. 

- I'm re-reading the Twilight series - I know a lot of people dislike the series, but it remains one of my favourites. I read it before all the hype started, which I think helps! It's nice to be reading something that I don't want to put down - it's been a while. 

- I've started to feel a lot more motivated this week. On Wednesday I went to the gym for the first time in a good few months, and I plan on going swimming after work this afternoon. I've also been cooking from scratch more, which I love to do. 

- My newfound motivation has reached another area, too; this week I've actually felt like I wanted to write, for the first time in ages. I haven't actually done any writing this week (I've been spending a lot of time reading!) but it's nice to even feel like I could write something. 

It's nice to have my motivation back; I haven't really felt like myself over the past few weeks, and it's been awful. I haven't written anything, I've barely blogged, all I've been doing is pretty much working, eating and sleeping. Today I feel like myself again, and I'm determined to make this feeling last! 

Comments

  1. I hear you on the not feeling like yourself and working so much. Things are finally getting back to normal.
    I love the Twilight series, too! The books are so much better than the movies, IMO. Have a good weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to you! Make it stick.
    Wish I had access to swimming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting your motivation back! It's nice to read you are feeling like yourself again.Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only read the first chapter of the first Twilight book, but I thought it was pretty good. The protagonist isn't nearly so dull as people have claimed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to go swimming. Motivated Laura? I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you're motivated. You've got some great plans. So glad you had fun with your friends and you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope the motivation continues to flourish. I think mine is definitely influenced by the weather! Always good to catch up with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I always thought you were a good writer, so I do hope you manage to get back into doing some. . . . be good and take care

    ReplyDelete
  9. May that motivation grow and hold on a for a long time. Glad you've gotten a chance to spend more time with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome list of things to be grateful for! I hope your enthusiasm keeps up and that you enjoy yourself while getting some exercise and writing done. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here's to you, Laura getting your mojo back and hopefully you are now back on the creative path once more :) Sometimes work and life do get in the way but as long as you know what you want to return to then you'll keep bobbing back up to the surface!
    Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lot of things you have to celebrate this week. Fingers crossed your motivation continues and you get some writing done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm slightly jealous of people who can reread books and enjoy them. For me, if I've read it, it's cement. Rereading is like watching a movie I've seen a hundred times before.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!