Goals for August

Once again I've had a dismal month goals-wise. I only had two goals for last month, and I didn't achieve either of them.

- Complete Camp NaNoWriMo - I gave up on this really early on in July - I just wasn't feeling it. I think it was partly to do with the fact that I didn't do nearly enough planning for it. I kept writing the beginnings of stories and then not knowing where to go from there, so I'd start on the next story. I figured it was best to give up, rather than struggle through the month and get annoyed with myself. I have an idea for the November NaNo, I just need to make sure I actually plan for that one!

- Read 6 books - I only got 4 books read in July (see my July Book Round-Up post) but one of them was a 700-pager, so I don't feel too bad about that. The books I want to read this month are much smaller. 



My goals for August are: 

- Write a short story for Kyra Lennon's cat anthology - I've got a few ideas for this already, and I'm quite looking forward to writing it. 

- Write a short story for Write-Edit-Publish - The theme for August is 'Taking Chances', so that should be a fun one to write. 

- Read 6 books - I'm three books behind on my goodreads challenge, so I need to get reading! 

- Pick up where I left off with my NaNo edits - I haven't touched these since the start of June, so I need to get cracking with them. I think the break has done me good - I'm excited to get back to them again. 

Comments

  1. I wouldn't worry about giving up at Camp NaNo, if you weren't feeling it. I think 700 pages counts as at least 2 books! :)

    Glad to hear you're excited about your edits! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool you're writing a story for Kyra's anthology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you didn't get to complete NaNo this time around! Looking forward to your cat story! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't let last month's goals get you down. Just focus on this month and hope for the best! As long as you're writing and reading, I'd say you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried to do NaNo so many times and I always fail on the same thing: total lack of planning. I really want to have another go at it in November too, so I'm getting myself organised early.

    Good luck with the short stories xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a plan. I have a big stack of books I want to read this month. I think I read at least a dozen in July and started three that I couldn't finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I read three books last month. I hope to read more in August, though.

    Best of luck with all of your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm sometimes we have to wait for the right moment/inspiration to work on our stories. Glad you have a plan for Kyra's Anthology short story! Good luck with the goals :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep positive. You'll meet your goals and if you don't at least you tried. Trying is the most important aspect of attaining our goals....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even with not reaching all your goals you're still kicking ass by comparison to many (myself included) so give credit where credit is due!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!