Celebrate the Small Things

OK, so it's been a really long time since I posted! Sorry to anyone who commented, and sorry that I haven't been making the rounds lately. Our internet stopped working, and we couldn't get it fixed for nine days (it was awful). We finally got it working last Sunday, but then I was away all week visiting my boyfriend and sister since I was off work. I'm back now, so I'll try to catch up on all of your latest blog posts.



So, finally, here are my celebrations from the last two weeks:

- The internet is working! Seriously, I have really missed blogging. I love reading all of your blog posts.

- I got a new graphics card! Unfortunately, I couldn't set it up for five days since I needed the internet for the drivers. My mum also got a new phone that we couldn't set up because we needed the internet for it, too. It really was quite funny.

- I watched The Book Thief last week, and I really enjoyed it. I've had the book on my Kindle for a while, so I can't wait to read it.

- I had an awesome week off work, and spent a lot of time with my boyfriend and my sister. I don't get to see them much since I moved away, so it really was lovely seeing them.

- My sister and I had a Lord of the Rings marathon, and it was awesome! Also, neither of us fell asleep even though we were up watching it until about 2 in the morning. I'll definitely be doing that again.


Comments

  1. Yay to internet and new graphic cards! Going without is horrid. But it sounds like you had a wow week anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how dependent on the internet we really are? I'm glad yours is working again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to do a LOTR marathon.
    Sorry about the Internet issues. Sucks when you need it just to install a program and it's down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Movie Marathons are fun and I can't wait to see the graphic card. Internet is important. Glad you got to see your loved ones Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always appreciate the internet even more after an extended absence.

    And I love having LOTR marathons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOTR marathons are fun. I haven't read the book or seen the movie for The Book Thief but both are things I want to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you had fun with your boyfriend and your sister, Laura. You had nice things to cheer about this week. I'm happy for you. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Laura .. glad the internet is sorted and it sounds as though you had a great week with your sister and boyfriend ... I saw the Book Thief too - it's a brilliant film isn't it ...

    Enjoy being back to normal as such .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to see you back :) my local theater played all three Lord of the Rings movies back to back to back two winters ago. I had never seen them so I watched all 3 in the theater that day. The extended versions. over 10 hours. It was awesome. But I overdosed on popcorn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have had a few friends who had their internet fail in the storms. . . . We had some problems but things are sort of back to normal although a bit slow at times. it has been rather hot though so I am hoping it will get cooler soon.

    Glad to see you back in cyberspace Mr Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Book Thief is a brilliant book - I haven't watched the film in case it's not as good. Glad your internet's back - everything I do is on line now, I'm not sure how I would cope!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We've been lucky with not losing power during the powerful storms we've had lately. My daughter and I have had LoTR marathons before.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back! Isn't it awful how we've come to rely on the internet! I can think of few things worse than a LOTR marathon. I just don't get it - and I'd definitely fall asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nine days without the Internet sounds like my own personal hell. Welcome back! And hurray for a LOTR marathon, I think I need one of those soon myself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Laura,

    Happy to hear of the return of your internet. I know what that's like and it's AWEFUL!!!!

    I'm sure you're all set up with your graphics card and having a blast! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done on making it through the LotR marathon! It's a hard slog (and you get more than a little sleep deprived as a result) but it's worth it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!