Celebrate the Small Things and Express Yourself
Celebrate the Small Things is a weekly bloghop hosted by Viklit over at Scribblings of an Aspiring Author. The idea is to post anything you want to celebrate from the last week.
This week I'm celebrating:
- Spending the afternoon at my dad's on Tuesday; my sister and I don't see him too much, so it was nice to spend some time with him. We ate steak pie and played silly games, a lot of which I won - definitely a surprise!
- I got an idea for my NaNo novel on Sunday that's made me really excited to get working on it - great motivation!
- I wrote my first draft for Spooktoberfest on Wednesday, and so far I love what I've written. I also started on a different Halloween themed story for another blogfest, so I feel like I've got a lot done.
- I injured my back earlier in the week, and it's much better now. It's nice being able to move freely again!
- I'm going to Hull fair this afternoon, which should be a lot of fun!
And now for the Express Yourself Meme, co-hosted by Dani and Jackie. Each week bloggers answer a different question, so they can get to know each other better.
This week's question is: What is your favorite Halloween costume ever (yes, you've had to have worn it)?
I don't actually have many costumes to pick from here! I've only ever dressed up as a Fairy and a Witch, but I have to say I preferred the Witch.
|The boyfriend and I last Halloween, at a costume party.|
|My sister and I, a few days before when we went out for Halloween.|
(I know, I know, mirror pictures!)
I loved this costume because it was fun doing my make-up and nails all witchy, and my super-long dyed-brown-underneath hair already looked like it belonged to a witch. Also, I was able to be a little stingy and only buy the broomstick and hat, since everything else I'm wearing I already had in my wardrobe - apparently I dress like a witch anyway!