Sunny days, 100 followers and the Sunshine Award!
We've had some lovely sunny days here in England over the past week, which has been nice because I've been waiting for it for so long! It's been nice to be able to take Alfie on one of his really long walks to the woods, which we only do when the weather's nice (otherwise we take him to the park).
Also, I've reached 100 followers on my blog! Thank you to all of my new followers, and of course to the ones who have been following me from the start!
Laura from Stranger Than Writing has given me the Sunshine Award! She has an awesome blog that I've only recently discovered, so you should go check it out!
The rules of the award are:
1) Answer the ten questions below,
2) Add ten random facts about yourself,
3) Pass on the award to ten other bloggers.
Onto the questions! By the way, as they're about writing and I've only just started, I won't be able to answer some of them properly, but I will do my best! :)
1. Panster or Plotter?
Plotter. I like to have things plotted out before I even begin to write them, I was always like that with my essays at University and I'm like it now with my blog posts and my writing. The exception is flash fiction - I write what comes to my mind in that moment.
2. Do you listen to music while writing?
Yes, but it absolutely can't have lyrics, because then I would get sidetracked!
3. What genre do you write in?
I'm most interested in writing Young Adult fiction and Fantasy, but there are so many genres that I like to read that I could easily be persuaded to write in those too.
4. Books on writing you recommend?
I have yet to read any, mainly because I can't afford to buy any! Although if you have any recommendations, feel free to share! :)
5. Which are your favourite authors?
J. K. Rowling has to be number one, P. C and Kristin Cast, Malorie Blackman, Cat Clarke, Suzanne Collins, Sarah Dessen, Stephenie Meyer, Phillip Pullman and a lot of others!
6. How long have you been writing?
Not very long! I've always enjoyed writing but I've always thought that I wasn't very good at it. I only seriously got back into it recently, when I started my blog.
7. What is your favourite part of the writing process?
I haven't experienced much of it so far, but I do enjoy creating new characters wondering where they will end up! I like all of the ideas that I have swimming around my brain at the moment too, all waiting to be turned into a story :)
8. How do you capture ideas when you are on the go?
I have a little notebook that I take everywhere with me, although I can't take it to work so if I get an idea there I write it on any piece of scrap paper I can find while no one is looking!
9. How do you handle bad reviews?
I have yet to receive any (very very new to writing!) but if I got one I like to think I would try to improve my work from it, but I probably would get disheartened by it.
10. Worst writing mistake you make?
Again, I don't think I'm experienced enough to know what mistakes I make, but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough!
Now time for the 10 random facts about me:
1. I don't like mushrooms. Whenever me and my boyfriend share a pizza, he has to pick the mushrooms off my side and put them on his side, because he loves them.
2. I eat far more salt than is good for me.
3. I haven't been on a proper holiday in about 5 years - hence why I am loving the sun so much today!
4. I love painting my nails (mostly black!) but I'm never able to because we're not allowed them painted for work.
5. I always used to hate facial hair on men, until my boyfriend grew a beard last year, and now I love it!
6. I have to get up at 3.30 AM for my job, and it's made me really appreciate sleep!
7. I love things that make me cry - sad books, films, songs. Probably one of the reasons why Deathly Hallows is my favourite Harry Potter novel.
8. I always mean to eat healthily, but I can't give up biscuits and cakes! I have quite a big sweet tooth.
9. I would love to go to Egypt some day.
10. As well as writing my own blog, I really enjoy visiting other people's - there are so many different things to be read, but so little time!
I'm running out of time, and also it's really hard to tell who has already got this award and who hasn't, so anybody who would like to answer the questions, you are officially tagged! You all deserve the award anyway :)