Goals for September

It's been a couple of months since I've done a goals post, what with Camp NaNo and all. Now that it's over, and I've taken a bit of a break, it's time to get back into a regular routine of writing and blogging.

Here are my goals for this month:

- Plan my WEP October story - I usually have the best intentions for my WEP stories, but then I procrastinate and end up writing them the day before I post it. I'm determined not to do that this time! The theme is Dark Places, which ties up nicely with Halloween, as this is the Halloween edition of the challenge. Dark horror stories happen to be my favourite to write, so I'm excited to get started on this one.

- Start edits on The Youngest Sorcerer - I've taken the recommended break after writing my first draft, so now I'm ready to get started on the edits. I don't have a concrete plan for tackling them, as I'm pretty new to the editing process (for a novel-length story, anyway). I'm going to read through the first draft this week, and go from there.

- 2 blog posts a week - I really have been a terrible blogger lately. My only regular posts are my weekly Celebrate the Small Things posts, and my posts for WEP. I'm determined to bring blogging back into my daily routine, firstly by posting more often.


Comments

  1. Good luck on your WEP! Starting a bit ahead is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second draft is easy, I reckon. The subsequent revisions which come after beta readers and editors get their hands on them are tough, but fun. I'd also like to boost my blogging frequency, but haven't figured out how to do it. Good luck with achieving your goals.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!