Celebrate the Small Things

Celebrate the Small Things is a weekly bloghop now hosted by Lexa Cain. The idea is to post anything you want to celebrate from the last week, no matter how small.


Here's what I'm celebrating this week:

- I had a fantastic time in Wales with Jamie visiting friends last week; we visited a windy beach and built a huge sandcastle, went to a pub quiz and played a lot of card games. Even the seven hour drive down there wasn't too bad!

- There was another WEP challenge on Wednesday. I decided to write a poem for the first time in 3 years, and I got some really good feedback for it, which I was surprised about! If you want to check it out, click here. This month's theme was reunions.

Comments

  1. Hi Laura - your poem was so poignant ... definitely more must be on the horizon? So glad you had lovely time in Wales ... always lovely to have a change - enjoy the weekend - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wales sounds amazing! This was my first WEP and I really enjoyed it. I already have my story for October. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your trip to Wales was good, even if it was windy. A change of scene is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A seven hour drive for a weekend? Wow! Glad to hear it paid off. Sounds like a great time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a weekend in Wales not long ago and it was lovely. I revisited places I'd not been to since I was a child. Congrats on your poem. I'm just starting to write a bit of poetry, but I'm finding it quite difficult. I know that what I should do is relax and let it flow on its own, like a do when I'm writing prose, but at the moment I'm trying too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Wales. I'm always baffled by their words, but it's fun to try figuring out how they sound. Wye is my favorite place. Nothing but books and a beautiful river with swans.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!