Celebrate the Small Things

Celebrate the Small Things is a weekly bloghop now hosted by Lexa Cain. The idea is to post anything you want to celebrate from the last week, no matter how small.


Here's what I'm celebrating this week:

- So unfortunately, as some of you may have noticed, I've given up on the A to Z challenge. I really wanted to see it through to the end this year, but it just wasn't to be. I was away for a long weekend a couple of weeks ago, and then of course there was Easter, so I just ran out of time. Once again, I gave myself far too much to do! I'm celebrating this because it was the right decision; next year I will plan all of my posts in advance!

- I put up a piece of flash fiction for this month's WEP challenge, and I got some really good comments back from it, which is great because I struggled with the prompt this time. If you want to read it, click here (it's really short!).

Comments

  1. That's why I started preparing my posts in January. At least with no list, it's easy to bow out now. Now you can relax the rest of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine the A-Z challenge is a lot to handle. There is always next year. Hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura - sometimes life just gets in the way - you are better of having a weekend away and enjoying Easter than worrying too much about the A-Z. I probably won't do it next year - but who knows! I may adapt to my own way of doing it - perhaps.

    But I know I decide on my theme -and the first year it was Aspects of the British Countryside, and I've kept the ABC format ever since ... castles, coastlines, cornwall, cookery - so I can continue to add to this 'brand' as I want ... then I fit subjects to the letters and try to make the content different - so for instance all my castles weren't typical castellated versions people might think of .. and I tried to find ones in different parts of the country ... then I write them up - and I'm almost ready when the A-Z actually comes around. Makes life considerably easier ...

    well done - I'm off to read your flash fiction piece now .. cheers Hilary

    http://positiveletters.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/s-for-sheep.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes all the difference if you do your posts a month in advance. That way if you get busy and miss some days in pre-posting, no problem - you have time to do 2-3 on a day you have lots of time. And you'll need extra free time in April to visit other blogs and do return comments. I'm sure you'll plan and have no problem with it next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I sometimes have to reign myself in, too. Just enjoy where you are!

    Marilyn @ http://www.onbecomingawriter.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't blame you. I had one week where I scheduled three posts just because, and it was all I did that week in my spare time. I need to make a better effort at scheduling posts in advance as well. I wish you much luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it is hard. But I see from everybody else that they pre-plan and organize posts which seems to work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!